San Diego State University Jobs – Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor Jobs in California Careers Employment Opportunity. Get San Diego State University Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor Jobs in California. San Diego State University Careers.
Job seekers who are looking for job search at San Diego State University. There is news related to Jobs California. We looked at this information of San Diego State University Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor Jobs in California at the San Diego State University Careers Employment page. Job seekers who are trying to get the latest news related to San Diego State University Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor Jobs can take advantage of these new Jobs in San Diego State University. Check State of California Jobs.
San Diego State University Jobs – Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor Jobs in California
San Diego State University Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor Jobs:- As per the San Diego State University Careers employment page, current time San Diego State University hiring for Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor Jobs in San Diego State University. Candidates who have a Desire qualification according to this Jobs at California can apply online through San Diego State University’s official career page. Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor Jobs California Salary $ 21.79-23.25 Per Hour.
After the Announcement of this San Diego State University Jobs you have a few questions related to this San Diego State University employment like as What is the Qualification of this San Diego State University Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor Jobs?, What is the minimum/maximum age requirement ?, How I can apply for this San Diego State University recruitment? and what will be applying dates for jobs at San Diego State University? All answers to these questions you can get in the below section.
Disclaimer:- Governmentjobs24.com team recommends all job seekers to read the notification issued on the San Diego State University official site before applying for any job. Governmentjobs24.com team always tries to provide correct information. This information is taken from the San Diego State University official website. GovernmentJobs24.com’s team will not be responsible for any errors in this San Diego State University Job Post.
Information Table: Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor Jobs San Diego State University
|Name of Employer Agency||San Diego State University|
|Job Profile||Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor|
|Salary Offer by Department||$ 21.79-23.25 Per Hour|
|Job Type||Jobs in San Diego|
|This Profile Hiring for||Jobs in California|
Required Qualification:- San Diego State University Jobs
Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor at San Diego State University Job Description
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Recreation, the Climbing Wall and Team Building Supervisor assists with the development, implementation and supervision of Aztec Adventures programs, including climbing wall, team building programs and credit classes. The Supervisor will oversee multiple aspects of the Aztec Adventures programs, including daily operations, fiscal management, risk management, policies and procedures, scheduling and event planning, and staff management.
Aztec Recreation will be opening the Aztec Recreation Center Expansion in fall 2021 including new climbing and bouldering walls. The climbing wall features include over 67 linear feet by 41.5 feet tall of climbing with 13 belay bars, rapel ledge, sculpted crack, 41 linear feet by 12.5 feet tall bouldering wall, and 10 feet by 10 feet shotrock sculpted training wall. The supervisor will develop new operations and programs for the climbing walls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the planning, organization, and implementation of recreational outdoor programs including but not limited to: climbing wall operations, instructional classes, and team building programs
- Ensures all programs and services are governed by rules, guidelines, policies and procedures approved by the A.S. Recreation and Wellness Commission
- Ensures policies and procedures are developed, interpreted and applied properly for all Aztec Adventures facilities and programs with participant safety as a high priority
- Ensures adherence to Aztec Recreation, Associated Students and SDSU policies
- Hires, trains, schedules, supervises and evaluates program staff
- Provides programming changes, needs and ideas to enhance participation growth
- Assists with promotional materials and social media content in collaboration with Aztec Recreation Marketing Coordinator and student staff to promote and publicize programs
- Completes assessment for all Aztec Adventures programs
- Assists with scheduling and coordinating academic credit classes for outdoor activities and leadership
- Develops and implements non-credit clinics and classes
- Hires, trains, evaluates and manages class instructors
- Assists with developing class curriculum, skill development and learning outcomes
- Teaches classes offered through Aztec Adventures
- Assists with scheduling campus and off campus facilities for all Aztec Adventures programs
- Schedules work schedules for program staff
- Ensures all corporate and departmental deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Ensures all contracts, insurance and program related documents meet A.S. requirements
- Ensures daily tasks are conducted safely and takes appropriate action pertaining to all safety related issues
- Assists with maintaining master facility calendar for all programs, review of punch detail reports, personnel schedules, Kronos payroll approval, and review of Federal Work Study timesheets
- Maintains program inventory, regularly evaluates equipment safety, repairs equipment and purchases needed equipment
- Assists with developing and monitoring annual programming budget
- Prepares data for and monitors annual budget by given deadlines and ensures adherence to budget guidelines
- Assists with ensuring that year-end expenditures and revenue meet approved budget
- Suggests steps to adjust expenditures to compensate for revenue changes to supervisor
- Assists with meeting budget preparation, rebudget submittal and capital request timelines
- Assists with maintaining and implementing long term equipment reserves budget
- Processes A.S. Procurement Card transactions and invoice payments in accordance with accounting requirements and deadlines
- Ensures the planning and implementation of Marketing and Promotions in close coordination with the Marketing staff
- Assists with defining target markets. Ensures the ongoing assessment of programs using techniques such as participant evaluations, written surveys, focus groups and informal discussions
- Assists with the development and implementation of a comprehensive package of promotional efforts for directed programs
- Ensures web page and social media content are compelling and accurate
- Submits copy of all programs prior to established deadlines
- Meets with the Marketing Coordinator to review and implement the processes
- Ensures the timely placement of print advertisements and A.S. Marketing/Graphic Work Order requests
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Ensures A.S. customer service guidelines are met by all staff in department
- Ensures department guidelines are established and met by all staff in department
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various University departments, faculty, staff and community partners
- Ensures all hiring/termination is conducted in accordance with A.S. policy and timelines
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels to facilitate operation of the areas under supervision
- Develops a cohesive staff team and focuses on staff development, including learning outcomes for student staff
- Ensures each employee and volunteer is given written information about their job responsibilities, procedures and policies and understands the missions of the Associated Students and Aztec Recreation as well as the uniqueness as a student-directed corporation
- Directs work courteously and gives clear, specific and realistic goals, including methods of accomplishment, materials, support and accountability as appropriate
- Assesses and monitors each employee’s and volunteer’s knowledge, understanding, ability, readiness and willingness to perform each assignment; responds accordingly
- Holds effective staff meetings and regularly provides information regarding policy changes, special events and all other pertinent topics, keeping employees and volunteers informed of daily happenings and messages that pertain to their work
- Delivers regular feedback and provides employees with annual performance evaluations to review strengths and areas of improvement
- Makes corrections positively and promptly and includes specific suggestions for change as soon after the event as possible, considering privacy factors
- Corrects individual problems with staff they supervise
- Ensures satisfactory maintenance and appearance of facilities
- Ensures program equipment is maintained at all times
- Assists with appropriate planned and preventive maintenance programs are designed, budgeted and conducted for all facilities under direction
- Ensures regular walk through of the facilities and inspections of all equipment to ensure maintenance is performed in a timely manner
- Assists with the preparation of needed work orders or repair reports on proper forms with all pertinent information completed. Monitors the progress of requested work and priorities for work as required and reports to Building Services Department updated work priorities
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Maintains knowledge of current risk management standards and common safety practices for outdoor and recreation professions
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Develops, maintains and implements risk management plan and emergency action training for all Aztec Adventures program areas
- Completes regular inspections of facilities and equipment to ensure all areas meet or exceed industry best practices and are in compliance with safety codes
- Ensures and documents that all staff are provided safety training and possess required current certifications for respective program roles
- Implements and maintains safety management plans, emergency guidelines and inspections for climbing wall, backshop, as well as all program and team challenge locations
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence
- Ensures proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to the Human Resources department
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment immediately and ensures repair or replacement before use continues
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in outdoor education, experiential education, recreation, or related field from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience administering outdoor recreation programs required (or two years Graduate Assistantship experience)
- Experience in a college campus environment preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of the following:
- Hiring, training, evaluating and supervising staff
- Training students in outdoor topics including but not limited to outdoor technical skills, group dynamics, safety and risk management, environmental protection, and emergency response
- Leading groups in a variety of settings
- Experience with challenge course and climbing wall safety, staffing and operations
- Working knowledge of outdoor equipment maintenance
Licenses & Certifications Requirements
- American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid certification required (certifications may be obtained within first month of employment)
- American Red Cross CPR/AED and First-Aid instructor certification preferred
- Wilderness First Responder Certification required or ability to complete within first 6 months
- ACCT Challenge/Ropes Course Certification required or ability to complete within first 6 months
- Minimum 2 specialized outdoor advanced skills/certifications preferred (e.g. SPI, CWI, PCGI, AMGA, WEA, CWA)
- Must complete Gender Awareness, Computer Security, and Sexual Harassment Prevention for Supervisors trainings within 30 days of hire
- Must professionally represent the Associated Students and San Diego State University at all times
- Demonstrated success in managing and mentoring work teams of diverse functions, complying with organizational policies and procedures and managing and leading change within an organization
- Commitment to values of wellness, service, diversity, and sustainability
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, colleagues and guests
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Ability to operate personal computer, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, experience using social media and ability to learn and utilize new software programs
- Ability to gather and organize data, draw logical conclusions and discern implications
- Well organized, ability to effectively multi-task, ability to prioritize work, problem solve, make decisions and meet scheduled deadlines under pressure
- Must be self-motivated, self-starter and perform with minimal direction and supervision
- Ability to present a consistent positive approach to students and all internal and external contacts by being courteous, respectful, helpful and cooperative at all times
- Commitment to a high standard of safety and ability to communicate and train safety policies and procedures to staff
- Proven necessary supervisory skills and strong ability to lead and motivate student employees and volunteers
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies and procedures
- Ability to adapt to and work in an environment of constant change, growth and frequent interruptions
Starting Range: $21.79 – $23.25 per hour, Hourly, Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a regular, full-time position. Flexibility and willingness to work irregular hours and days, including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed by program schedule.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work conditions may vary depending upon the location of programs; programs may occur indoors and outdoors, therefore requiring exposure to a variety of elements. While working indoors, the lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work performed within an office environment will include standard office equipment. While working outdoors, the work environment may involve exposure to various elements including but not limited to: sun, heat/cold, dust, pollens, precipitation, and other environmental risks.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include talking, listening, sitting, standing, walking, manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, corrected vision, hearing to standard range and use of office equipment including but not limited to computers, printers, telephones, copiers, fax machines, and cameras.
Must have ability to carry 45% of your body weight in a backpack for long periods of time. Must be sufficiently fit to participate in all sites and logistics related to outdoor activities and maintain ample energy, strength and focus to aid students and instructors. When on trips, on feet most days, sometimes for long hours. When driving, must be able to focus on safe driving for extended periods.
Depending on program requirements, physical demands may require standing and walking for extended lengths of time and may require lifting, pushing, pulling, moving and carrying items up to 40 pounds.
Inside the Organization:
- Reports to the Associate Director of Recreation
- Program Assistant
- Climbing Program Lead
- Climbing Wall Supervisors
- Team Challenge/Ropes Course Lead
- Team Challenge Facilitators
- ENS Class Instructors
- Coordinates with Building Services staff for facility maintenance and needs
- Coordinates with Member Services staff for program registration
- Coordinates with Recreation Marketing Coordinator and A.S. Graphics staff
- Works with A.S. Business Services staff
Outside the Organization:
- Works collaboratively and communicates with various University departments and personnel
- Networks with other university programs, professional organizations and community entities to stay current with outdoor and recreation industries as well as new programming ideas and trends for college students
How to Apply for Jobs in San Diego State University?
- Applicants go through official website of San Diego State University.
- Check first official announcement notice published by San Diego State University.
- Now read the San Diego State University jobs employment notification details.
- After read this notification your educational profile matching with San Diego State University Climbing Program & Team Building Supervisor jobs.
- Then you should apply for San Diego State University Jobs as per details given in next paragraph.
Candidates who really interested and wanted to apply for San Diego State University Jobs should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references and apply online.
|Apply Online at San Diego State University Jobs Site|
FAQ: Related to San Diego State University Jobs
After announcement of this San Diego State University Jobs you have few question related to this San Diego State University employment like as What is Qualification of this San Diego State University Seasonal Departure Assist Agent Jobs?, What is minimum/maximum age requirement ?, How i can apply for this San Diego State University recruitment? and what will be applying dates for jobs San Diego State University.
Answer: Currently San Diego State University has published notification for Seasonal Departure Assist Agent Jobs.
Answer: The San Diego State University has published notification for many Seasonal Departure Assist Agent Jobs.
Answer: The aspirant who have a High school diploma/equivalency required, Bachelor’s degree are eligible for Recruitment in San Diego State University .
Answer: Applicants who are Interested to apply for San Diego State University Jobs should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references and apply online.
Answer: The effective up-and-comer must be coordinated, adaptable, simple and have great agreement, astounding client support and relational aptitudes, and function admirably with a wide assortment of individuals. Must be dependable, can take care of the issue, and work freely. Must have PC aptitudes, including capacity to investigate specialized issues. Past experience and utilization of CWMARS and Evergreen ILS liked.
About San Diego State University: