State of Connecticut Jobs – Environmental Analyst Jobs in Connecticut Careers Employment Opportunity. Get State of Connecticut Environmental Analyst Jobs in Connecticut. State of Connecticut Careers.
Job seekers who are looking for job search at State of Connecticut. There is news related to Jobs Connecticut. We looked at this information of State of Connecticut Environmental Analyst Jobs in Connecticut at the State of Connecticut Careers Employment page. Job seekers who are trying to get the latest news related to State of Connecticut Environmental Analyst Jobs can take advantage of these new Jobs in State of Connecticut. Check State of Connecticut Jobs.
State of Connecticut Jobs – Environmental Analyst Jobs in Connecticut
State of Connecticut Environmental Analyst Jobs:- As per the State of Connecticut Careers employment page, current time State of Connecticut hiring for Environmental Analyst Jobs in State of Connecticut. Candidates who have a Desire qualification according to this Jobs at Connecticut can apply online through State of Connecticut’s official career page. Environmental Analyst Jobs Connecticut Salary $ 49,655 – 81,570/Year.
After the Announcement of this State of Connecticut Jobs you have a few questions related to this State of Connecticut employment like as What is the Qualification of this State of Connecticut Environmental Analyst Jobs?, What is the minimum/maximum age requirement ?, How I can apply for this State of Connecticut recruitment? and what will be applying dates for jobs at State of Connecticut? All answers to these questions you can get in the below section.
Disclaimer:- Governmentjobs24.com team recommends all job seekers to read the notification issued on the State of Connecticut official site before applying for any job. Governmentjobs24.com team always tries to provide correct information. This information is taken from the State of Connecticut official website. GovernmentJobs24.com’s team will not be responsible for any errors in this State of Connecticut Job Post.
Information Table: Environmental Analyst Jobs State of Connecticut
|Name of Employer Agency||State of Connecticut|
|Job Profile||Environmental Analyst|
|Salary Offer by Department||$ 49,655 – 81,570/Year|
|Job Type||Jobs in Hartford|
|This Profile Hiring for||Jobs in Connecticut|
Required Qualification:- State of Connecticut Jobs
Job aspirants should have Bachelor’s degree qualification can apply for this State of Connecticut Jobs.
Environmental Analyst at State of Connecticut Job Description
The State of Connecticut , Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is currently recruiting for an Environmental Analyst 2 to join our team within the Office of Climate Planning located in Hartford, CT!
CT DEEP is charged with conserving, improving and protecting Connecticut’s natural resources and environment as well as making affordable, clean and reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in building Connecticut’s green economy and fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future.
DEEP’s Office of Climate Planning strives to equitably and affordably plan for Connecticut’s transition to a decarbonized economy and to enhance the climate resiliency of our natural and build environment. The Office works in partnership with all branches of DEEP to plan for, report progress on, and meet the state’s emissions reduction goals of 45% by 2030 and 80% by 2050 as required by the Global Warming Solutions Act.
The Office administers the Governor’s Council on Climate Change created under Executive Order 3 and works to implement the Council’s recommendations included in the January 2021 report, Taking Action on Climate Change and Building a More Resilient Connecticut for All . The office conducts these activities with a focus on equity and environmental justice to ensure the costs and benefits of climate mitigation are shared and that vulnerable communities are prioritized in climate adaptation and resilience strategies.
The Office also coordinates Connecticut’s commitments to national and international climate action, including the Under 2 coalition and the US Climate Alliance.
This position will report to the Director and will support the development and implementation of actions and policy and program decisions to ensure Connecticut adequately prepares for the effects of a changing climate while mitigating carbon emissions in response to program objectives and priorities set by the Director.
This position will support all plan and program areas within the Office of Climate Planning. It will be a full-time role, 35 hours per week, on a Monday to Friday schedule.
What We Can Offer You
State of Connecticut employees participate in a competitive benefits plan that includes:
- Excellent health and dental coverage;
- A generous retirement plan;
- Paid time off;
- A healthy work – life balance!
Watch below to discover how you can make an impact
All State employees shall follow the guidelines as listed in Executive Orders 13F (3a) and 13G (3a) .
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date, unless otherwise specified.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Tyler Cashman at [email protected] .
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of tasks in the technical review and analysis of environmental program data and issues within the environmental field, developing recommendations on courses of action and assisting with the implementation of policy and program decisions.
In other state agencies this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of tasks in the technical review and analysis of environmental program data and issues, developing recommendations for courses of action and assisting with the implementation of policy and program decisions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Duties Specific To This Position Include
- Support the development and implementation of actions and policy and program decisions.
- Coordinate with the agency’s Bureau of Energy and Technology Policy, to meet the state’s goal of reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions 45% below 2001 levels by January 1, 2030 and 80% below 2001 levels by January 2050.
- Assist in planning and making policy recommendations addressing the impacts of climate change and how Connecticut may become more resilient to them through adaptation interventions, preparedness, and recovery programs.
- May assist with the development of plans to use nature-based solutions for climate mitigation and adaptation and resilience.
- May assist with equity and environmental justice initiatives aligned with climate planning.
- May review solicitations and prepare applications for federal grant opportunities in the areas of climate mitigation, adaptation, and resilience.
- Support DEEP staff who are engaged with integrating climate change research to ensure actionable scientific insights are incorporated into policy, planning, and communication; permitting and Siting Council decisions; CEPA/NEPA regulations; Greener Gov CT, etc.
- Participate and provide input on DEEP policy planning documents such as the Integrated Resources Plan, Comprehensive Energy Strategy, the Blue Plan, the Green Plan, Forest Action Plan, and Comprehensive Materials Management Strategy, etc. to ensure integration of climate objectives.
- Support climate-related intra-and interagency committees, working groups, task forces, etc.
For a full list of duties related to this job classification, please click here .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of principles and practices in fields relative to environmental protection; knowledge of principles and practices of environmental and policy analysis; knowledge of local, state and federal laws, statutes, regulations and policies pertaining to environmental protection; knowledge of environmental program planning principles and practices; knowledge of statistics; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; research and organizational skills; ability to understand and interpret legislation and technical data; ability to utilize computer software.
Minimum Qualifications – General Experience
Six (6) years of experience involving technical analysis and interpretation of environmental program data or planning and implementing environmental programs.
Minimum Qualifications – Substitutions Allowed
- College training in a scientific or technical discipline related to the environmental field including but not limited to the biological, earth, or physical sciences; environmental planning; environmental law; economics; leisure services; geographic information systems; geography with a concentration in geographic information systems; natural sciences; or natural resources may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
- A Master’s degree in a scientific or technical discipline related to the environmental field including but not limited to the biological, earth, or physical sciences; environmental planning; environmental law; economics; leisure services; geographic information systems; geography with a concentration in geographic information systems; natural sciences; or natural resources may be substituted for five (5) years of the General Experience.
Note: Education may only be substituted for a total of five (5) years.
- For State Employees one (1) year of experience as a Environmental Analyst 1 may be substituted for the General Experience.
The Preferred Candidate Will Possess
- Experience with climate mitigation, adaptation or resilience planning;
- Experience with grant management;
- Experience reading, interpreting and understanding written material including relevant state and federal laws and regulations;
- Experience managing projects in groups that involve heavy communication;
- Experience communicating in person, on the phone, and in writing with a variety of constituents, including co-workers and the public.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
Incumbents in this class may be exposed to some danger of injury or physical harm from on-site environments and a moderate degree of discomfort from exposure to year round weather conditions.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
How to Apply for Jobs in State of Connecticut?
- Applicants go through official website of State of Connecticut.
- Check first official announcement notice published by State of Connecticut.
- Now read the State of Connecticut jobs employment notification details.
- After read this notification your educational profile matching with State of Connecticut Environmental Analyst jobs.
- Then you should apply for State of Connecticut Jobs as per details given in next paragraph.
Candidates who really interested and wanted to apply for State of Connecticut Jobs should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references and apply online.
|Apply Online at State of Connecticut Jobs Site|
FAQ: Related to State of Connecticut Jobs
After announcement of this State of Connecticut Jobs you have few question related to this State of Connecticut employment like as What is Qualification of this State of Connecticut Environmental Analyst Jobs?, What is minimum/maximum age requirement ?, How i can apply for this State of Connecticut recruitment? and what will be applying dates for jobs State of Connecticut.
Answer: Currently State of Connecticut has published notification for Environmental Analyst Jobs.
Answer: The State of Connecticut has published notification for many Environmental Analyst Jobs.
Answer: The aspirant who have a High school diploma/equivalency required, Bachelor’s degree are eligible for Recruitment in State of Connecticut .
Answer: Applicants who are Interested to apply for State of Connecticut Jobs should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references and apply online.
Answer: The effective up-and-comer must be coordinated, adaptable, simple and have great agreement, astounding client support and relational aptitudes, and function admirably with a wide assortment of individuals. Must be dependable, can take care of the issue, and work freely. Must have PC aptitudes, including capacity to investigate specialized issues. Past experience and utilization of CWMARS and Evergreen ILS liked.
About State of Connecticut: