Town of Wake Forest Jobs – Electric Utility Director Jobs in North Carolina Careers Employment Opportunity. Get Town of Wake Forest Electric Utility Director Jobs in North Carolina. Town of Wake Forest Careers.
Job seekers who are looking for job search at Town of Wake Forest. There is news related to Jobs North Carolina. We looked at this information of Town of Wake Forest Electric Utility Director Jobs in North Carolina at the Town of Wake Forest Careers Employment page. Job seekers who are trying to get the latest news related to Town of Wake Forest Electric Utility Director Jobs can take advantage of these new Jobs in Town of Wake Forest. Check State of North Carolina Jobs.
Town of Wake Forest Jobs – Electric Utility Director Jobs in North Carolina
Town of Wake Forest Electric Utility Director Jobs:- As per the Town of Wake Forest Careers employment page, current time Town of Wake Forest hiring for Electric Utility Director Jobs in Town of Wake Forest. Candidates who have a Desire qualification according to this Jobs at North Carolina can apply online through Town of Wake Forest’s official career page. Electric Utility Director Jobs North Carolina Salary $ 115,158.00-127,000 Per Year.
After the Announcement of this Town of Wake Forest Jobs you have a few questions related to this Town of Wake Forest employment like as What is the Qualification of this Town of Wake Forest Electric Utility Director Jobs?, What is the minimum/maximum age requirement ?, How I can apply for this Town of Wake Forest recruitment? and what will be applying dates for jobs at Town of Wake Forest? All answers to these questions you can get in the below section.
Disclaimer:- Governmentjobs24.com team recommends all job seekers to read the notification issued on the Town of Wake Forest official site before applying for any job. Governmentjobs24.com team always tries to provide correct information. This information is taken from the Town of Wake Forest official website. GovernmentJobs24.com’s team will not be responsible for any errors in this Town of Wake Forest Job Post.
Information Table: Electric Utility Director Jobs Town of Wake Forest
|Name of Employer Agency||Town of Wake Forest|
|Job Profile||Electric Utility Director|
|Salary Offer by Department||$ 115,158.00-127,000 Per Year|
|Job Type||Jobs in Wake Forest|
|This Profile Hiring for||Jobs in North Carolina|
Required Qualification:- Town of Wake Forest Jobs
Job aspirants should be bachelor’s degree holders can apply for this Town of Wake Forest Jobs.
Electric Utility Director at Town of Wake Forest Job Description
General Statement of Duties
Performs difficult professional, technical, and administrative work planning, organizing, and directing the town of Wake Forest electric department.
Distinguishing Features of the Class
An employee in this class plans, organizes and directs the work of employees engaged in the provision of electrical power for the town, which includes the acquisition of power supply, the construction and maintenance of supply lines, the metering and subsequent billing of electrical service. The employee provides strategic direction and technical advice and assistance including engineering design work to the town manager and the board in the expansion and improvement of electric utilities. Work performed is of a highly responsible and technical nature that requires considerable independence and decision making. Work includes creating a vision and strategic direction for the future for the department, developing and implementing policies and procedures, contract management, contributing to the overall management and success of the town as part of a senior management team, overseeing directly and indirectly the day-to-day operations of the electric department, being responsive to citizens, customers and other stakeholders, recruitment, training and guidance of employees in the department, and budget development, implementation and administration. Supervision is exercised over all departmental personnel either directly or through subordinate departmental managers. General supervision is performed by the town manager or designee.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Establishes the strategic direction for the department and establishes goals and metrics to support this direction;
- Regularly evaluates the needs and expectations of residential and industrial customer and adjusts strategies as necessary;
- Continuously evaluates emerging trends in the energy industry to assess how these may impact the department;
- Establishes and demonstrates and culture of safety and continuous learning and development;
- Oversees and coordinates the activities of all divisions within the department;
- Direct the planning, design, standards, and mapping of distribution facilities and the development and deployment of associated policies, including construction, repair work, easements, and attachment agreements;
- Plans, reviews, approves, and oversees major construction projects involving the department, reviews contracts, arbitrates contractor and engineering disputes;
- Serves as liaison to ElectriCities of North Carolina;
- Negotiates power supply agreements;
- Oversees electrical engineering operations;
- Serves as a liaison between the department and the town manager, the elected board and other town departments;
- Meets with potential new customers about power supply issues and serves as an important member of the economic development team;
- Plans and direct emergency preparedness plans and response to hazardous weather and power outages;
- Establishes, in consultation with division superintendents, broad operating policies and procedures, goals and objectives;
- Researches and recommends operational and ordinance changes to the town manager;
- Reviews and interprets State and Federal regulations and legislation governing electric utility operations;
- Serves as the intergovernmental coordinator between departments, Federal and State authorities;
- Receives citizen inquiries or complaints and dispatches available information recommending actions;
- Oversees the preparation and maintenance of annual operating and capital improvement budgets;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and town safety standards and policies;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Recruitment and Selection Guidelines
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of electric distribution administration, power supply contract management, planning, and construction.
- Thorough knowledge of related Town policies, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of the equipment and materials used in the construction, maintenance, and repair of electric distribution system.
- Ability to manage complex construction and maintenance projects.
- Knowledge of advanced metering infrastructure and management.
- Thorough knowledge of related electrical engineering principles and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable OSHA safety standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of related electrical engineering principles and ability to apply them to designated projects.
- Considerable knowledge of governmental budgeting, personnel and purchasing practices.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices, laws and regulations relating to supervised functions.
- Ability to develop and execute a strategic plan.
- Ability to supervise and develop subordinate supervisors including effective communications, motivations, staffing, and coaching.
- Ability to prepare complex and detailed records and reports.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with Town officials, other public officials, employees, contractors, and the general public.
- Ability to present ideas effectively in oral and written form.
- Must be able to perform the physical life functions of fingering, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform light work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally; up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or constantly.
- Must possess visual acuity to produce and review written reports and records including mathematical calculations, operate a computer terminal, analyze data, and to read maps, schematic drawings, and plans.
Desirable Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or closely related field. An advanced degree is highly desirable. At least five (5) years of increasingly responsible electric utility experience, including two (2) years of administrative and supervisory responsibility in a senior management capacity.
Possession of a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
Possession of a PE as an electrical engineer with focus on Power Engineering is highly desirable.
Hours of work: Monday- Friday, 8:00am- 5:00pm.
The Town offers an excellent benefits package. To apply please go to https://www.wakeforestnc.gov/human-resources/employment-opportunities
All inquiries should be emailed to [email protected]
If you are offered a conditional offer of employment you will need to successfully meet all of the following conditions to be hired:
Completion of the substance abuse testing required by the Town. Be advised that you have 48 hours after accepting our conditional offer to report for the drug screen.
- Completion of a Background Screening.
- COVID-19 vaccination by the first day of work (we will accommodate those who cannot receive the vaccine for disability or religious based reasons). You must have at least one dose before your first day of work. If you are subject to getting a second dose it must be received in accordance with manufacturer recommendations. Vaccination cards are to only be shared with Human Resources staff.
How to Apply for Jobs in Town of Wake Forest?
- Applicants go through official website of Town of Wake Forest.
- Check first official announcement notice published by Town of Wake Forest.
- Now read the Town of Wake Forest jobs employment notification details.
- After read this notification your educational profile matching with Town of Wake Forest Electric Utility Director jobs.
- Then you should apply for Town of Wake Forest Jobs as per details given in next paragraph.
Candidates who really interested and wanted to apply for Town of Wake Forest Jobs should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references and apply online.
|Apply Online at Town of Wake Forest Jobs Site|
FAQ: Related to Town of Wake Forest Jobs
After announcement of this Town of Wake Forest Jobs you have few question related to this Town of Wake Forest employment like as What is Qualification of this Town of Wake Forest Seasonal Departure Assist Agent Jobs?, What is minimum/maximum age requirement ?, How i can apply for this Town of Wake Forest recruitment? and what will be applying dates for jobs Town of Wake Forest.
Answer: Currently Town of Wake Forest has published notification for Seasonal Departure Assist Agent Jobs.
Answer: The Town of Wake Forest has published notification for many Seasonal Departure Assist Agent Jobs.
Answer: The aspirant who have a High school diploma/equivalency required, Bachelor’s degree are eligible for Recruitment in Town of Wake Forest .
Answer: Applicants who are Interested to apply for Town of Wake Forest Jobs should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references and apply online.
Answer: The effective up-and-comer must be coordinated, adaptable, simple and have great agreement, astounding client support and relational aptitudes, and function admirably with a wide assortment of individuals. Must be dependable, can take care of the issue, and work freely. Must have PC aptitudes, including capacity to investigate specialized issues. Past experience and utilization of CWMARS and Evergreen ILS liked.
About Town of Wake Forest: