United States Secret Service Jobs – Officer Jobs in Washington Careers Employment Opportunity. Get United States Secret Service Officer Jobs in Washington. United States Secret Service Careers.
Job seekers who are looking for job search at United States Secret Service. There is news related to Jobs Washington. We looked at this information of United States Secret Service Officer Jobs in Washington at the United States Secret Service Careers Employment page. Job seekers who are trying to get the latest news related to United States Secret Service Officer Jobs can take advantage of these new Jobs in United States Secret Service. Check State of Washington Jobs.
United States Secret Service Jobs – Officer Jobs in Washington
United States Secret Service Secret Service Federal Police Officer Jobs:- As per the United States Secret Service Careers employment page, current time United States Secret Service hiring for Secret Service Federal Police Officer Jobs in United States Secret Service. Candidates who have a Desire qualification according to this Jobs at Washington can apply online through United States Secret Service’s official career page. Secret Service Federal Police Officer Jobs Washington Salary $ 66,562.00-114,497.00 Per Year.
After the Announcement of this United States Secret Service Jobs you have a few questions related to this United States Secret Service employment like as What is the Qualification of this United States Secret Service Secret Service Federal Police Officer Jobs?, What is the minimum/maximum age requirement ?, How I can apply for this United States Secret Service recruitment? and what will be applying dates for jobs at United States Secret Service? All answers to these questions you can get in the below section.
Disclaimer:- Governmentjobs24.com team recommends all jobseekers to read the notification issued on the United States Secret Service official site before applying for any job. Governmentjobs24.com team always tries to provide correct information. This information is taken from the United States Secret Service official website. GovernmentJobs24.com’s team will not be responsible for any errors in this United States Secret Service Job Post.
Information Table: Officer Jobs United States Secret Service
|Name of Employer Agency||United States Secret Service|
|Salary Offer by Department||$ 66,562.00-114,497.00 Per Year|
|Job Type||Police Jobs in USA|
|Job Location||Jobs in Washington|
|This Profile Hiring for||Jobs in Washington|
Required Qualification:- United States Secret Service Jobs
Job aspirants should be required qualification holders can apply for this Pocatello Police Department Jobs.
Officer at United States Secret Service Job Description
The Uniformed Division’s mission is to protect facilities and venues secured for U.S. Secret Service protectees. Throughout its history, the Uniformed Division has accomplished this mission through a tradition of honor, integrity, and a commitment to excellence.
The Officer position starts at a salary of $66,562 (LE-0083-01, step 1) in the Office of Protective Operations, Uniformed Division. For more information on the Secret Service click here.
During the course of their careers, Uniformed Division Officers carry out assignments in protection. Duties include:
- Providing protection for The White House Complex, The Vice President’s Residence, The Main Treasury Building and Annex, and foreign diplomatic missions and embassies in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Traveling in support of the Presidential, Vice Presidential, and foreign heads of state/government missions.
- Enforcing mandated protective responsibilities as described under Title 18, United States Code, Section 3056A.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Possess a current valid U.S. driver’s license.
Conditions of Employment you will be required to:
- Be at least age 20 and less than age 37 at the time you receive a conditional offer of employment, unless you have previous service in a Federal Civilian Law Enforcement position covered by special law enforcement or firefighter retirement provisions, including early or mandatory retirement. Applicants with veteran’s preference must receive a conditional offer of employment prior to reaching age 40 to continue in the application process.
- Possess uncorrected visual acuity of no worse than 20/100 binocular. Possess corrected visual acuity of 20/20 or better in each eye. (Note: Lasik, ALK, RK, and PRK corrective eye surgeries are acceptable eye surgeries for Uniformed Division Officer applicants. Applicants will be considered eligible for the Uniformed Division Officer position provided specific visual tests are passed. The following are waiting periods for visual tests: Lasik-2 months after surgery, PRK-6 months after surgery, and ALK and RK-one year after surgery).
- Hearing loss, as measured by an audiometer, must not exceed 25 decibels (A.S.A. or equivalent I.S.O.) in either ear in the 500, 1000, and 2000 Hz ranges. Applicants must be able to hear the whispered voice at 15 feet with each ear without the use of a hearing aid.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Disclose any prior drug use, attempted use, and/or experimentation.
- Carry and use a firearm. Maintaining firearm proficiency is also mandatory. You will be ineligible to occupy this position if at any time you have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, unless you received a pardon or your conviction was expunged or set aside.
- Complete 12 weeks of intensive training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, GA or Artesia, NM and 17 weeks of specialized training at the James J. Rowley Training Center in Laurel, MD. Failure to pass the standards on the first attempt may result in separation from the Secret Service. Click here.
- Certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so, if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959.
- Be appointed to this position under a limited-term Schedule B excepted appointment which is 3 years and 120 days. Upon completion of this period, you will either be converted to career status or separated based on the expiration of the appointment.
You qualify for the LE-01 grade level (starting salary $66,562) if you meet the following requirements:
- Possess, at a minimum, a high school diploma or certificate of equivalency.
- Be the age of 20 at the time of application. Must be 21 at the time of appointment.
All qualification requirements listed above must be met by the cut-off date of the month in which you applied.
This is an open continuous announcement. The first cut-off date for consideration of applicants will be March 4, 2022. Thereafter, the cut-off for applications received will be every Friday of each month until the job opportunity announcement closes.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are considered in the following order: (1) preference eligibles having a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more; followed by (2) other 10-point preference eligibles; (3) 5-point preference eligible; and (4) non-preference eligibles (i.e., non-veterans). For information on veterans’ preference, please click here.
You will be evaluated based on the minimum qualification questions that are in the vacancy questions.
National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience) Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Due to COVID-19, U.S. Secret Service is currently in an expanded telework posture. If selected, you may be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area. Once employees are permitted to return to the office, you will be expected to report to the duty station listed on this announcement within 30 days.
Applicants must successfully complete Phase I (see below) to be certified to receive a conditional offer of employment notification. In addition, applicants must successfully complete Phase II (see below) in order to receive final consideration for employment.
- Uniformed Division Entrance Examination (UDEE)
- Applicant Physical Abilities Test
- Conditional Job Offer
- Security Interview / Credit Check
- Polygraph Examination
- Medical Examination
- Background Investigation (a top secret security clearance)
The Applicant Physical Abilities Test (APAT) evaluates an applicant’s ability to perform the physical tasks required on the job by measuring muscular and dynamic strength, endurance, flexibility, aerobic capacity and other factors related to physical aptitude. The standards are anticipated to be the same regardless of age, gender or position. Prior to testing, applicants must obtain at Certificate of Wellness from a certified physician to be eligible to test.
To view the entire application process, please click here, and click on the red arrow to move through the process.
The Secret Service follows stringent guidelines relating to illegal drug usage. An applicant’s history is reviewed and a determination for employment is made according to our guidelines. For more information regarding the U.S. Secret Service drug guidelines please here. Consideration will be given to performance appraisals and incentive awards as an indicator of quality of prior experience, no points will be assigned.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here.
General Medical Requirements:
As determined by the Office of Personnel Management, the duties of this position require moderate to arduous physical exertion involving walking and standing, use of firearms, and exposure to inclement weather. Manual dexterity with comparatively free motion of fingers, wrist, elbows, shoulders, hips and knee joints is required. Arms, hands, legs and feet must function sufficiently in order for applicants to perform the duties satisfactorily.
Since the duties of this position are exacting and involve the responsibility for the safety of others under trying conditions, applicants must possess emotional and mental stability. Any condition that would hinder full, efficient performance of the duties of this position or that would cause the individual to be a hazard to himself/herself or to others is disqualifying.
There are also specific medical requirements for this position, and any chronic disease or condition affecting the respiratory, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, digestive, nervous, endocrine, lymphatic, nervous, genitourinary, and other systems that would impair full performance of the duties of the position may also be disqualifying.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join here.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
Pursuant to an exception granted by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), your application must contain a completed Optional Form 306, Declaration of Federal Employment. If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to update your OF-306, and to again sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, fine, or imprisonment.
Applicants selected for this position will be required to sign a continuing service agreement before being assigned to an initial training class. The continuing service agreement will commit the applicant to a specified period of employment with the U.S. Secret Service upon the successful completion of training.
A special needs/superior qualifications pay-setting authority may be available to applicants who have superior qualifications or whose skills and competencies fill a special need of the Secret Service. The recommended salary for such an applicant may be at any point in the range listed for this position. If you are deemed eligible for this pay-setting authority, you will be notified during the hiring process. Please note that the use of this authority is at the sole discretion of the Secret Service.
WORK SCHEDULE: Newly appointed Uniformed Division Officers normally work a 40-hour workweek on a set schedule (e.g., 6:30 am – 3:00 pm, 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm, or 10:30 pm – 7:00 am shifts). Workdays and shifts will vary depending on assignment and manpower requirements.
Applicants will be required to travel to all phases of the application process at their own expense.
The Secret Service prohibits employees from having visible body markings (including but not limited to tattoos, body art, and branding) on the head, face, neck, hand and fingers (any area below the wrist bone). Exception: a single conservation and unobtrusive tattoo in the form of a ring is authorized on one finger.
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Click here to learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
How to Apply for Jobs in United States Secret Service?
- Applicants go through official website of United States Secret Service.
- Check first official announcement notice published by United States Secret Service.
- Now read the United States Secret Service jobs employment notification details.
- After read this notification your educational profile matching with United States Secret Service Secret Service Federal Police Officer jobs.
- Then you should apply for United States Secret Service Jobs as per details given in next paragraph.
Candidates who really interested and wanted to apply for United States Secret Service Jobs should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references and apply online.
|Apply Online at United States Secret Service Jobs Site|
FAQ: Related to United States Secret Service Jobs
After announcement of this United States Secret Service Jobs you have few question related to this United States Secret Service employment like as What is Qualification of this United States Secret Service Secret Service Federal Police Officer Jobs?, What is minimum/maximum age requirement ?, How i can apply for this United States Secret Service recruitment? and what will be applying dates for jobs United States Secret Service.
Answer: Currently United States Secret Service has published notification for Secret Service Federal Police Officer Jobs.
Answer: The United States Secret Service has published notification for many Secret Service Federal Police Officer Jobs.
Answer: The aspirant who have a High school diploma/equivalency required, Bachelor’s degree are eligible for Recruitment in United States Secret Service .
Answer: Applicants who are Interested to apply for United States Secret Service Jobs should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references and apply online.
Answer: The effective up-and-comer must be coordinated, adaptable, simple and have great agreement, astounding client support and relational aptitudes, and function United States Secret Serviceirably with a wide assortment of individuals. Must be dependable, can take care of the issue, and work freely. Must have PC aptitudes, including capacity to investigate specialized issues. Past experience and utilization of CWMARS and Evergreen ILS liked.
About United States Secret Service:
We have an integrated mission of protection and financial investigations to ensure the safety and security of our protectees, key locations, and events of national significance. We also protect the integrity of our currency, and investigate crimes against the U.S. financial system committed by criminals around the world and in cyberspace.